Excessive Sweating Treatment in the Gippsland Area
Are you afraid to shake hands with people? Constantly changing your clothes? Is your confidence waning, or perhaps your just plain fed-up with your hyperhidrosis?
Don’t sweat it – we’ve got the solution for you. Here at Cosmetic Skin Lab we understand the toll it can take to be constantly dealing with the effects of excessive sweating. We provide a solution that doesn’t involve surgery and doesn’t involve daily applications of medications, creams and deodorants.
We are a Traralgon-based practice servicing clients across the Gippsland area. Our qualified registered nurse has several years of experience in administering injectable solutions for hyperhidrosis. We provide you with a long-term, painless, and hassle-free solution for your excessive underarm sweating. You’re in safe hands.
Benefits of Treating Excessive Sweating
- Skin irritation. It’s common for people to experience skin irritation, redness and smell from excessive sweating. Give your skin a break by reducing your sweat.
- Confidence. There’s no need to be embarrassed. Improve your confidence with no more sweat patches, constantly changing your clothes, and no more excessive sweating underarms.
- Quick Results. Most people experience results within 4 days, and some people immediately. Sweat be gone!
- Non surgical. You don’t need to go under the knife to reduce your excess sweating. Our injectables use very fine needles and most people find are pain-free.
- Long lasting. No more daily applications of medical creams and deodorants. Our treatments can last up to 9 months.
Would you like to find out if Excessive Sweating Treatment Gippsland are suitable for you?
How Does Treating Excessive Sweating Work?
We use a treatment called Hyperhidrosis Injections, and this uses the same active ingredient as Anti-Wrinkle Injections. With this type of treatment, small quantities are injected just below the surface of the skin. Depending on the area being treated, this can involve one or more injections.
The injections are designed to block the nerve impulses from reaching the treated area, and this deactivates the sweat glands.
Injectable treatments for hyperhidrosis can typically last between 6-12 months. This varies person-to-person, and depends on how quickly the effects are reabsorbed back into the body and the effects disappear.
Although we are not allowed to disclose the brand of the injection we use on our website (we can let you know during your consultation), what we can say is that we source a high-quality product that delivers great results for our clients and lasts longer. The most common time frame is generally 9 months or more before the next treatment is needed. This gives you a much better result without the excessive costs.
Aftercare for Excessive Sweating Treatments
Our staff are specialised in treating hyperhidrosis throughout the Gippsland area. We have helped patients treat their excessive sweating using only the finest products available to the market.
The treatment for hyperhidrosis is non-invasive and most people find the process relatively pain-free. You may experience some small bruising, redness or irritation around the injection site. This is a completely normal side-effect and nothing to worry about. If you do experience these symptoms, it typically lasts for no longer than a week.
Whilst the process is nice and simple, we do recommend some post-treatment care which will help provide the best results for your treatment and keep you nice and comfortable afterwards.
Here are our simple tips:
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours leading up to, and on the day of the procedure.
- Remain upright as much as you can for at least 4 hours following the procedure.
- Do not apply makeup around the treated area for at least 12 hours following the procedure.
- Do not rub or massage the treated area for at least 12 hours following the procedure. We recommend wearing loose-fitted clothing around the treated area.
- Avoid exercise or excessive exertion for at least 24 hour following treatment.
- And avoid excessive heat (e.g. sauna) and sun for at least 3 weeks following treatment.
We recommend a follow up consultation 2 weeks following your hyperhidrosis treatment. This is when the full effect of your treatment should be in place. We will arrange the follow-up appointment with you at the time of your treatment.
Excessive Sweating Treatments – Frequently Asked Questions
What causes hyperhidrosis?
There can however be other medical causes for this, which includes menopause, obesity etc. In that case, we recommend that you see your GP before starting your treatments.