Micro Skin Needling Gippsland
Are you frustrated with stubborn wrinkles, stretch marks, scarring or hyperpigmentation on your skin? Micro skin needling might just be the answer you’re looking for. Our Traralgon-based clinic in Gippsland offers experienced skin needling therapy to provide you with a deeper, longer-lasting treatment to rejuvenate your skin and bring back that youthful appearance.
Microneedling isn’t scary as it sounds. Therese Mack is a registered nurse and has many year’s experience in using Dermapen. She has been helping patients for over 10 years to restore plump, smooth skin.
Also known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), we use Dermapen therapy to treat a range of skin conditions including uneven skin tone, skin elasticity, dull skin, scarring and stretch marks. We are experienced in treating all areas of the body including face, neck, décolletage, plus other areas of the body for treating scarring and stretch marks.
Benefits of Skin Needling
- Improve Skin Tone. Improve stubborn scarring, hyperpigmentation and stretch marks from your face, neck and body.
- Long Lasting Results. Results from Dermapen are seen very quickly, and typically only 3-5 sessions are needed for great long-lasting results.
- Experienced Practitioner. We are experienced in assessing skin eligibility for CIT to ensure treatments are customized for your particular needs.
How Does Micro Skin Needling Work?
Our micro skin needling procedure requires inserting short and very fine needles into the outer layers of the skin for rejuvenation purposes. The process uses a tool called Dermapen that has multiple micro-needles with diameters ranging from 0.5 to 2.5 millimeters (the size of eyelashes). This is dependent on our assessment of your skin condition and needs.
These very fine needles penetrate the upper and lower levels of your skin, which stimulates collagen. Don’t worry – it sounds more scary than it actually is! The punctures feel like tiny pin pricks and the needles only reach surface-level depth. We also administer a topical anesthetic cream to the area being treated to keep you feeling as comfortable and relaxed as possible.
Micro skin needling is used for a variety of treatments all over the body:
- Reduce stubborn stretch marks
- Treat unsightly acne scarring
- Reduce sun damage
- Prepare skin for further surgery
- Increase volume and plumpness of your skin
- Improve brightness and elasticity of your skin
- Improve your collagen levels
Would you like to find out if Skin and Micro Needling is suitable for you?
Aftercare for Skin Needling
Skin Needling therapy is quite quick to administer and non-invasive. Overall, your session time should last no longer than an hour. 30 minutes prior to treatment you will be provided with a topical numbing cream to relieve any discomfort you might feel through the pin-pricks.
Given this, you should be able to go about your daily routine straight away. You will likely experience redness, swelling and slight bruising to the treated area, but this shouldn’t last any longer than 24-48 hours following treatment.
To keep your experience as enjoyable as possible, we recommend you follow this guidelines after your treatment:
- Minimise direct sun exposure to the treated area, and ensure to use SPF sunscreen.
- Do not exfoliate, rub or irritate the treated area for at least 4 days following treatment.
- Two days after the treatment, the skin may still feel dry and tight. To address this, you may use hydrating products.
- It is also important to avoid using alcohol-based lotions and toners within 7 to 10 days from treatment.
- You can use serums containing Vitamin A as this helps enhance the treatment results.
- You can wear makeup after the skin needling treatment, preferably mineral makeup to avoid skin irritation, redness, and inflammation.
- To minimise risks of infection, use new brushes and sponges, or those that have undergone thorough cleaning.
- Avoid taking a hot bath or shower within 48 hours after treatment. Try using room temperature water.
Skin and Micro Skin Needling – Frequently Asked Questions
Can anyone use the micro skin needling treatment?
Generally, yes. Although this type of therapy cannot treat all skin conditions, including:
- Areas which have active acne
- Skin cancer
- Warts and moles
- Open wounds
We recommend that you let us know if you are experiencing any of these conditions in the areas you want treated when you have your appointment with us. We will be able to assess your condition, and offer any other appropriate treatment types for you.
What conditions can I use skin needling therapy for?
Micro skin needling is a great, long-lasting way to rejuvenate the skin and treat the following across your face, neck and body:
- Sun damage
- Stretch marks
How does skin needling work?
How long is treatment?
Typically the treatments can last between 40-60 minutes. This depends on your level of comfort and pain threshold. We do also administer topical anesthetic cream to the treated area.
How many treatments do I need?
We find our clients typically need between 3-5 treatments, depending on the area being treated and the severity of the skin condition.