Gippsland Platelet Rich Plasma Facial
Also known as ‘Vampire Facial’, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) facial treatments are not as scary as they sound. It is an effective treatment that uses the natural healing power of your own blood to help revitalise skin in your face.
This is also used to rejuvenate hair follicles, which is great for treating hair loss. PRP stimulates under-active hair follicles which encourages hair growth.
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment Types
We specialise in a range of PRP treatment types including:
- Skin micro needling
- Skin injections with PRP
- Improved hair growth
Benefits of PRP Treatments
- Improve uneven skin tone. Help improve dry and uneven skin tone to your face and neck.
- Treat Hair Loss. Encourage hair growth by stimulating under-active hair follicles.
- Superior Quality. The extraction system we use for PRP is state-of-the-art, delivering you with quality results that lasts longer.
Would you like to find out if PRP Facials are suitable for you?
How Does Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment Work?
These platelets are then injected using fine needles into the area of your face, neck or decolletage that you are having treated. Once injected, they help to facilitate new cell growth naturally and simulates the building of new collagen to the area.
The treatment itself takes approximately 30 minutes, depending on the size of the area being treated.
The results of PRP treatment can be slow to appear. This is because the newly-inserted platelets are working on the growth of the new cells in the treated area, and this takes time to do. However, once you start to see results this will last for up to 2 years, depending on individual factors.
Aftercare for PRP Treatments
Although they’re known as Vampire Facials, PRP treatments are not as scary as they may look. Your treatment time is usually no longer than 30 minutes. It is quite normal for some swelling and redness to occur for a few hours following treatment.
You will also experience bruising to the area, and this will last approximately 1-2 weeks following treatment. This is completely normal and can easily be covered up with mineral-based makeup.
We recommend the following care after your PRP treatment:
- Avoid touching the face for at least 2 hours following treatment, to avoid infection.
- Avoid hot showers, baths and saunas etc for 2 days following treatment.
- If swelling occurs, use a cool pack on the treated area for 10 minutes to reduce any heat and swelling.
- It is normal for the treated area to feel tender. Mild over-the-counter pain relief can assist.
- Avoid long-haul flights for one week following treatment.
PRP Facial Treatments – Frequently Asked Questions
What areas can I treat with PRP?
There are many areas you can treat with PRP treatments, including:
- Face, neck and decolletage areas for uneven skin tone, and skin rejuvenation
- Around the eyes for wrinkles and sun damage
- Improve collagen for mild scarring, including acne scarring
- Improve volume and fullness in cheeks and chin
- Hair loss treatment for both men and women
We can discuss your needs and what’s possible in your free consultation with us.
Is a Platelet Rich Plasma facial safe?
Not all PRP treatment systems are safe. At Cosmetic Skin Lab, we keep up-to-date with advanced techniques, and only use quality equipment to safely and accurately perform Platelet Rich Plasma treatments. You’re in safe hands with us.
How long before I see results from my PRP facial?
How long will PRP results last for?
Am I suitable for PRP treatment?
We will assess your suitability for treatment in your initial consultation with us. However, if you observe any of the following, it is unlikely we will be able to treat you with PRP:
- Pregnant (or trying to conceive)
- Suffering from an autoimmune condition
- Being treated for cancer
- Being treated for infections
If you are taking any prescribed medications, we would also suggest that you consult with your GP prior to commencing PRP treatment.